Sunday, April 08, 2007

Concert at Sri Mukkur Swamy's Ashram 05 April, 2007






It was indeed a great experience for Sathya's family to be performing at the Temple premises of Sri Yagyamyrthy Lakshminarasimha sannadhi of Sri Mukkur Swamigal Ashram on the 5th April'07. It was just a feeling of presenting exclusively for the Gods and Sathya attempted to perform Nannupalimpa on Mohanam with ragamalika kalpanaswaram on ragam Bowli for the first time. With the grace of Sri Yagyamurthy it came out well. It is a day which i cannot forget as i sang a song composed by myself, on the avathara of Sri Narasimha and the birth of Prahaladha.

The credits for arranging this concert should go to Ananthakrishnan as it was he who had suggested Sathya to perform, while he was asked to perform a solo by his uncle. It was so nice of Sri Calcutta Karhick - Student of Sri Umayalpuram Sivaraman, to have enhanced this concert.


Kindly get to see the small video clipping http://tinyurl.com/2foz6j taken at the premises where the concert was held and if you feel you may please contact them at:

Sri Swathi Narasimha Maha Yagna Trust (ct person Mr Aravamudhan)

New No 34 Venkatesan Street

T Nagar Chennai - 600 017.

Phone: 044 24353704


I am pleased to give below a protion of the email sent by Sri Srikanth Venkatesan sumahema@gmail.com who had attended this concert and sent a mail to Sathya the same evening.

Qte:

Let me tell about myself. I am music lover and have been hearing music since my childhood. Music is my past time.

Today you took my memory back to my younger days.Few inner feeling I just want to share with you as It stikes me.First,I recalled Sri U Srinivas(Mandolin) who came to our Sesha sayee Paper Mill colony,Erode in the year 1986 for a concert arranged by Sesha gana sabha.He was very young at that time.I Knew he is going to become one of the greatest exponent of mandolin that day itself. Same Feeling I got yesterday when i saw you playing the same.

Secondly,When I heard the Ragam Kalandihi played by you it reminded me of Sri G S Mani mama at erode way back in 1988 at Erode again at sesha gana sabha .Your expression and the bhava and the nuances was so great that it recalled me of mani mama. When you can bring about such an expressions at this age, your expressions will only move to a higher plane as you advance.

Not only that, many of your today's songs reminded me of the all time greats in the field of music. Like ,Bhavayami gopalabalam recalled me MS amma, your mohanam ragam and Yam kalyani recalled me Santhanam mama and Kanya Akka. Finally,What a way to end with Kurai ondrum illai and more so at a place where really the truth lies. and I have no doubt in my mind that your musical journey will be blessed by Lord Nrisimha.

unqte.